Sunday, March 2, 2008

Better Late Than Never & Retraction...

Jeff here:

I realized during the recording of Episode 9 that I had not fulfilled my promise from Episode 8 to elaborate on wiki tools in a blog post. I finally did it and here it is.

Also a listener emailed with some news that forced our first retraction: data can be used as a plural noun. Dan and I had criticized the MEA for their use of it as follows:

"These data prove..."

After defiantly reacting to the listener's objection, I unfortunately verified that it is used correctly by checking Dictionary.com and Grammar Girl.

I wonder if this listener comment was a function of an intrepid sense of urgency to preserve the English language or the innate need for my little brother to prove me wrong once again...(we won't mention the Blair Witch Project debacle).

No comments: