Thursday, March 20, 2008

Episode 12 Sir, What's this Technology Doing in My Soup?

Episode- 12 Sir, What’s This Technology Doing in My Soup?
Show notes:
Discussion: @ 4:11
Jeff n' Dan discuss a user suggested topic of effective Technology Integration.

Tech Talk: @ 39:11
Jeff Reviews some fun and functional online comic creation tools.
http://comicjuice.com/
http://www.bitstrips.com/create/comic/?full=1
http://www.pikistrips.com/
http://www.stripcreator.com/make.php

Book Talk @ 53:24
Dan talks about the book What a Song Can Do: Twelve Riffs on the Power of Music edited by Jennifer Armstrong.

Media Integration: @ 58:56
Dan discusses the video streaming site www.hulu.com

Didya See?: @ 1:05:00
Neither did we…

Listener Feedback @ 1:08:10

Music in this week's episode comes from Penmachine Podcast. “Meltdown Man” intro music by Derek K. Miller.

Listener feedback is encouraged. Contact us at wickeddecentlearning@gmail.com or leave us comments at http://wickeddecentlearning.blogspot.com
This episode was recorded March 20, 2008.

4 comments:

mrichme said...

Guys the movie you were trying to recall with Paul Giamatti is "Big Fat Liar".

Thanks for the shoutout. As usual you had a very entertaining show. I should have listened to it while I'm sitting through my PD inservice day. Today must be inservice day in Maine.

-Michael

Unknown said...

Dan here:

Yes! Big Fat Liar!

Camden Hills was one school that didn't have an inservice Friday. My theater crew landed at 10 a.m. to discover a building full of students.

And the best school cafeteria any of us had ever been in.

Mark said...

Hey guys-

Another fun show. I know it has been out for a week now, but I have a really good excuse for the lapse, and I am now just getting back to some sort of routine.

I was "shocked" that there was no Hulu-love for the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno, sad solo piano themed version of "The Incredible Hulk." I used to love that show! A couple of other shows that are available that jumped out at me were Doogie Howser (I am almost ashamed to admit that I used to watch it. I will have to watch one to see if it is as bad now as I think it might be) and clips from "In Living Color."

One suggestion for next week's "What this show is not." It is not a source of instant movie knowledge (after the Paul Giamati bit- don't you just hate brain cramps?).

I am one of those people you talked about that plays around with all types of web aps. I can get really excited about some of them, and try to share them with some of my colleagues. I am frequently met with skepticism. It is usually a "so how is this going to improve my teaching when I am already a good teacher?" kind of reaction. I think you really have to have your act together on the technical side and on the pedagogical side and anticipate these questions before going to other teachers.

I think that in-services would be a great topic for a show. One possible aspect to cover could be to ask "are teachers today good learners?"

Looking forward to the next show,

Mark

Richard Byrne said...

I agree Noteshare is lousy! The loudest complaints/grumbles/"screw-yous" I get when trying to convince teachers that the state-provided Mac is a good thing is about NoteShare.